SC - Cookery-Art or Science- Weird Results

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 08:24:52 PST 1999

My favorite in this area is the wonderful Black-Bottomed Pecan Pie recipe
which I got from one of the Pillsbury Best-of-the-Bakeoff books.  It insists
on becoming Black-Topped Pecan Pie, with the bottom layer demurely rising
above the pecan-pie-goop to nestle under the nuts.  Looks funny; tastes good.

Maybe I'm not baking the under-layer long enough.

Devra the Baker
Poison Pen Press
The finest Cook books in the Known World (to be immodest about it)