SC - Iced Coffee (was Grits)

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 19:38:23 PST 1999

What I would really like to know is why it is so difficult to get iced coffee
in certain regions of this fair land.  I have received strange looks and
offers to "pour the hot coffee over some ice cubes for you" when I request
this, although the staff have plenty of iced tea on hand.

As everyone knows, the two proper ways to make iced coffe are:

1) to refrigerate coffee until cold, then pour over ice cubse, or

2) to make double strength instant coffee (try this with instant expresson for
real whammy) using a minimum of boiling water to dissolve.  Then add cold
water in sufficiency, ice cubes, and milk and sugar to taste.

Of course, My Dear Old Mother one time tried making coffee ice cubes because
the regular ones diluted the iced coffee too much when they melted.  I think
this might work if you put in milk and sugar to taste before freezing,
otherwise you'd have to keep adjusting your drinks.

Devra the Baker
Poison Pen Press
(offering some original sources and a lot of redacted ones)