SC - Consumer's Reports knife review

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Sun Jan 31 23:56:51 PST 1999

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:15:53 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>the biggest problem is their habit of flexing under pressure. If, say,
you are
>splitting a semi-frozen chicken breast, and apply a bit of pressure to
do the
>job, the blade can flex around a bone and cut you instead.

>Adamantius
>Østgardr, East
>Phil & Susan Troy >troy at asan.com

I find that the Ulu is the best tool for splitting a semi-frozen chicken
breast. The blade / handle position relationship is exellent for hard to
cut things like that. Even the regular knives with blades that do not
flex, don't have the same cutting power IMHO.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com, (www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1709)