SC - oop yorkshire pudding recipe needed!

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Wed Jan 6 01:58:48 PST 1999

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> PS  After reading of the bitter orange/bread experiment I thought I might
> apply the answers to my bitter chicken tangerine stew, but mine was
> peeled.  But did I take the seeds out?  Hmmm....  Or perhaps it was the
> aluminum pan?  So, how come duck a l'orange is so yummy??!!  And chicken
> works with lemon, even lime, so....

Tangerines aren't really oranges- and I'm sure that someone out there has
the reference, etc. There is a distinct taste difference, and I
suspect that their acidity levels are different also. They occasionally
are bitter freshly peeled, so that might have something to do with it.
	Chicken in orange sauce is yummy, especially with nuts (I prefer
pecans, but walnuts will do) but my experience is that if you add bell
pepper it will turn bitter if you let it sit. What else did you put in
your stew?
	I also get those 5lb. boxes of mandarins around the holidays, and
if any are left (ha! I have three adolescents in the house) I put them in
salad. Romaine, red grapes, chopped apple, mandarin sections, goat cheese
and a tangy vinagrette.... Nuts. Now I'm hungry and I didn't make it to
the grocery today.
	Enough goofing off. Back to dagging my houppelande sleeves.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731