SC - Bratwurst - Sabine Welserin style

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Wed Jan 6 07:38:14 PST 1999

Zoe Valonin asked:

How did the Sausage do? Do you have your radication of it? or what did you
use? please do share!!!

IMHO The sausage went fine, though I would welcome feedback from any of the
gentles who sampled it at the War practice.

I pretty directly used the redaction created by Valoise Armstrong and
webbed by His Grace at
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html
It is recipe # 25.  and I use it as written, seasoning with salt, pepper,
and lots of marjoram.  Before you stuff your casings fry a spoonful and
taste for seasoning.  If you can't access the web page I will be happy to
post the recipe, but the credit goes to Valoise!

 I used hog casings, and made "sample size" 1" links.  Since the demo was
on cauldron cooking we boiled the sausages, but I have also fried them,
grilled them - they are yummy in every way.  Next time I smoke a pork-loin
I will hang a string in the smoker and will see how that turns out.

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe