Eat well, well to do? (was)SC - To the Ladies of the List-OT-OOP

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Thu Jan 7 09:17:42 PST 1999

 But to turn the topic towards food/eating patterns,  I seem to recall that in
Medieval times, if you were a good sized person, it proved you ate well, and were
well-to-do to be able to eat well.  Also, is not the current trend of anorexic
only recent as 20th century?  I remember reading a list of qualities to look for
in a bride, and wide hips for children, good bosom for nursing are part of the
description. Any comments?
On the topic note,I don't fit the overweight area, but I am definately a tall and
strong woman- Amazon comes to mind-but with both breasts, don't do archery. (I'm
5'11" and average about 185-and I am a weight lifter and fighter.)
OTOH, an ill-fitting bodice can look bad on any body type.  I recall a waif of a
woman about 90 lbs soaking wet that wanted to desparately have her bodice create a
c-cup chest from a flat-as-a-board chest.  Works both ways.

Lady Elisabeth, who wears leather outside of the SCA too. And fills that C cup.