SC - Sources for Verjuice

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jan 15 12:48:08 PST 1999

At 10:03 AM -0600 1/15/99, Scott Wilkerson wrote:
>Greetings to you
>
>I am looking for a supplier of verjuice, do any of you know of one in the
>USA?  I have found some internationally but would like to have a closer
>option if possible.  I do know that you can substitute verjuice with lemon
>or even vinegar in a pinch but I would like to try the real thing without
>having to make it myself.
>
>I am not on the cooks list so please copy me with the answer if you are able
>to help.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Sjt. Jonathon, the Osprey of Wimbern
>Midrealm

Sour grape juice, which as far as I can tell is the same thing, is still
used in middle eastern cooking. I've found it in middle eastern groceries
quite often. As best I recall, there is one such grocery on Devon in
Chicago, next to the Ghandhi restaurant--or was before we moved. I'm sure
there are lots of others elsewhere in Chicago.

Hope that helps, and that you and your lady wife and the College are doing
well.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/