SC - source for Salsify

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Sat Jan 16 11:40:30 PST 1999

At 10:49 16-1-99 -0500, Adamantius wrote:
>Dictionary sez "sals uh fie", with a long i. I usually hear it
>pronounced that way, on the rare occasions I hear it pronounced at all.

Oh.  I've never heard it spoken, and didn't feel like running downstairs
for the OED. 8)  I'd just been assuming it was "sals uh fee."

Thanks

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable