SC - tidbits for a feast was Ciambelle (was Bread)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jan 19 20:39:04 PST 1999

Bonne wrote:

> Can anyone whose made Ciambelle or the variations (jumble, iumble etc.) tell
> me about the keeping qualities?  I'm looking for tidbits that can be made
> Easter weekend before my event and last until serving time the next week.  I
> have very limited freezer space--will these keep well enough in airtight containers?

Remember these are a sort of biscotti (twice cooked, hard and dry). They
should keep quite well at room temperature in an airtight container if
they're absolutely cold before sealing them in. If, at the end of the
week's storage, you need to put them on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree
F. oven for 5 minutes or so to re-toast them, it shouldn't be too
difficult. And it probably won't even be necessary.

Freezing them would create its own set of problems.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy