SC - SC 15th Century food help

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Wed Jan 20 09:20:31 PST 1999

Just me again, with a request for help.  The local group is doing an
event  in April they will call "Masqued Bawl".  Not a clue what it is
going to entail, other than be something like Mardi Gras.  The Autocrat
was finally talked out of cooking the event also, but wants total control
over the menu.  Finding a local cook was interesting.  They want the
feast to consist of 15th century Italian/French/English pre lenten food.
I talked them out of meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and chicken cacciatore,
with stuffed turkey, and bundt cake for dessert.  Any ideas or recipes
would be GREATLY appreciated.  I promised I would ask the list for them.
(BTW, this is one of the reasons I had asked about a simple list of
period ingredients.  They take info better from others than myself.)

Aldyth at juno.com