SC - 12th Night Dessert recipe

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 20 15:22:05 PST 1999

Allison said:

> Dessert for 12th Night
>
> I made a custard, like darioles, with 1 * C almond milk, and filled in
> with * C. cow’s milk; 1 * t. honey, dash salt, four beaten large eggs.
> Poured it over a bottom fruit filling of * C. raisins, * C. chopped,
> dried dates, good pinch powder douce, extra cinnamon and nutmeg, boiled
> to filling consistency in * C. sweet white wine.  Topped with sliced,
> unblanched almonds I had toasted with a sprinkling of sugar and sanders.
> Baked in ceramic flan dish (travels better than a coffyn) 45 min.  Since
> I wanted a more elaborate dessert than just dariole, I added the same
> type of fruit filling that appears in rissoles, which I could not keep

Interesting Recipe. I get this list by digest. Unfortunately, it looks
like the digest program doesn't understand fraction characters. Or perhaps
it's my machine. Either way, it does make it a bit difficult to read or
cook this recipe. I previously have had this problem with a recipe
that Lord Ras posted, which he graciously resent to me but perhaps
others are having this same problem.

So first, Allison if you could email me a copy of your recipe again
or the corrections, I'd appreciate it.

Secondus, If this is a problem that others are seeing, perhaps folks
should try to use seperate characters to make fractions rather than
single, special characters.

Thanks.
   Stefan
> Allison