SC - phyllo dough

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Tue Jan 26 08:03:08 PST 1999

So, what is the correct spelling?  Anyway, I'm reminded of one of my
favorite dishes as a young Pucker, an Irish made steak  and kidney pie
with a Phyllo dough crust.  Yes, it was canned, but it was dear Mother
Pucker's best available method of teaching me about other foods
considering our finances at the time.  I still loves a good steak and
kidney pie, emphasis on good as there are so many bad ones out there,
any body have any recipes?  I would think it has to period or period
like, though don't have docs to prove it, but its a common food in the
UK.  I have never been able to duplicate the Phyllo crust though :-(((
It was moist and doughy on the inside, crisp, brown and flaky on the
outside.  Phyllo dough and I just don't seem to get along, much as I
loves eating it, but I think there's just something about a mechanics
hands on such delicate things....hmmmm.

regards, Puck