SC - serrated knive blades

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 27 21:24:55 PST 1999

The Cheshire Cat wrote:

> >not when I use my nicely sharp sabatier 6" utility knife. Or my Wusthof 11"
> >french, or my other 6" sabatier utility, or....I have even successfully used a
> >cleaver very gently...and we wont ever mention using my champions sword to
> >slice
> >the melons...
> >margali
>
> I use my Machete(sp?) for all sorts of slicing/cutting purposes.  It used
> to be my Fathers hunting knife until I found it, sterilized it, sharpened
> and polished it and a friend put a new handle in it to go with the theme of
> the SCA. It's a nice size so I don't lose it, keeps it's edge REALLY well
> and people also says it looks impressive and a little intimidating when
> they wander into the kitchen to see me chopping carrots or something else
> with that bloody big knife!!! I like to make an impression!
> -Sianan

Nothing makes an impression like a machete used as a cleaver. Especially
on bones.

Seriously, though, I use one too, one of those little vine knife types,
about 15 inches long. I turned it into a seax with some cosmetic blade
trimming. Good for splitting poultry, and carving, too.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com