SC - My Kid Won A&S for COOKING!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 28 07:05:09 PST 1999

"L. Herr-Gelatt" wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> Just had to brag a bit...My 7 year old Corinne (a/k/a Coco, a/k/a Mary nic
> Ghille Brighde) won an A and S competition this weekend for children. She
> made Orange Wafers (a sugar candy) from a Hannah Glasse recipe. I'm so
> Proud!
<snip>
> Her big sister Meghan (Elizabeth nic Ghille Brighde), aged 10, took
> second---a red embossed velvet tippet dress for a Barbie Doll. The dress
> has a fleur-de-lis embossed on the front skirt panel. Very nice. She was
> also awarded the first ever baronial children's award, (called,ironically,
> the Barnacle, which is apparently a medieval torture device)
<snip>
> Aoife, swelled with pride

Cool!!!

I have to tell you right now, though, that I don't approve of Laurels
for people under 18 years of age (of course, if all the Laurels I know
acted like adults that would make more sense ;  )   )... .

Seriously, though, warmest congrats to them both!!!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com