SC - Breakfast

Thu Jan 28 07:42:27 PST 1999

> I must shamefacedly admit the best polenta I ever had was made in a
> Provencale restaurant I worked in, which we made with plain salted water
> and held, cool, for service, at which time we would mash an order
> smooth, add a dash of extra-virgin olive oil and a big spoonful of
> mascarpone and some grated parmagianno-reggio, and reheat, covered with
> plaswrap, _in a microwave_ !!!

Trust the French to rework Italian cooking.  Of course, toasting the grain
meal will kill some of the bitterness.  And I have been known to use honeyed
water to make the polenta, so I shouldn't complain.

Coarse grated parmesian cheese is a common topping for polenta and the olive
oil and mascarpone sound great.

> Regardless of garnish, the polenta was surprisingly
> good considering the punishment it took.
>
> Adamantius

Hmmm.  I kind of like those garnishes.  Guess I'll have to do this next time
I do Italian.

Bear