SC - serrated knive blades

Kathleen M Hogan kathleen.hogan at juno.com
Thu Jan 28 12:59:51 PST 1999

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:24:55 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>The Cheshire Cat wrote:
>>
 >not when I use my nicely sharp sabatier 6" utility knife. Or my
>Wusthof 11" french, or my other 6" sabatier utility, or....I have even
>successfully used a cleaver very gently

I feel woefully underequipt!  My favourite knife for general kitchen use
is an old filet knife (about 6" with a fine serrated edge) I got for
$1.50 at a yard sale (it has no name on it).  I have a Cutco french knife
from my sales kit (I learned one summer that I am incapable of selling
anything other than Girl Scout Cookies) that gets used for large chopping
jobs.  The knife I WANT is an old knife my Grandfather made for my Mother
out of an old hacksaw blade back in the early 50's, but she says I can't
have it til she dies.  It keeps an edge wonderfully, but takes some work
to keep it from rusting.

Caitlin nicFhionghuin
House Oak & Thistle