SC - Byzantine Sources

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jan 28 10:50:58 PST 1999

>Sadly, I can't credit an author for the article or even any info on
>the publication itself, as none was included in the copies I was given,
>nor in the originals that they were conceived from. Neither can I attest

>for their accurateness or complete authenticity; still, I thought they
>may prove of interest to some of you.
>
>I hope this helps in your search!
>
>Huen/Jim Matterer

Well, lucky for me I know just exactly who wrote and published the Early
Period Magazines.  The publication information is in the front of each
edition, and usually any unattributed articles are by the publishers,
Mistress Fuiltegeurne and Master Andros Salamandros (Rebecca and David
Wendelken).  Both were Meridian Laurels (and he a Knight as well).  They
have now left the SCA to pursue further scholarly pursuits (she was
teaching Medieval Russian to Russians in Russia last year).  They have
been in contact with friends of mine and have agreed to put name to paper
to release their articles for SCA use and publication, including
Stephan's Florilegium.  I am waiting for the paper to get to me before I
start transcribing 30+ Early Periods for Stephen :o
	While it is true that some of the articles were written by others
with less scholarly training, and some of the research has since been
done better, there are many topics covered in Early Period that you just
can't find many other places.  I have been priveledged to call these
folks my friends, and will be happy to start making their work more
available to those interested.
	So, thanks, I will mention them to our friend who is doing the
Byzantine research as well.
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain,
	Meridies