SC - Introduction

Maryann Olson maryann.olson at csun.edu
Fri Jan 29 16:24:38 PST 1999

Greetings unto all ye cooks from Lady Gertraud von Wuerzburg in the Barony
of Altavia, Kingdom of Caid.

I am new to this list and am enjoying the posts.

A little about me:  My mother did not teach me how to cook.  I struggled
through working and raising kids.  Now that they are grown, I am raising
myself.  Soooo, I want to learn to cook -- I mean, really cook --
understanding what is happening rather than just blindly following recipes.
We'll see.

I'm grateful for the tutelage of Mistress Renata in Altavia and Lady Elasaid
in Lyondemere.  Thank you, both, for all your kindness and help.

I also want to thank Master Huen for his "Bake Metis or Basic Meat Pie,"
which I followed for a meat pie which took the prize at our Yule party.
Thanks also go to Mistress Renata, who went over the recipe with me and
encouraged me greatly.

I work full time, as well as being in school for my BA.  (Graduation should
come in May 2000.)  For that and other mundane reasons, I'll be lurking more
than participating.

Anon!

Gertraud