SC - Bread

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 5 23:53:51 PST 1999

Rowan mentioned:
> You might also want to look at "Beard on Bread" by James Beard and "Bread"
> from the Time-Life Good Cook series. ISBNs are at home - sorry!

I believe a number of the book recommendations for books on baking bread
as well as those discussing period breads can also be found in these two
files in the FOOD section of my files.

bread-msg        (131K)  9/ 2/98    Medieval breads and grains.
breadmaking-msg  (146K)  9/ 4/98    Period bread recipes and re-creations.

Oh, and this one has just been added.
bread-stuffed-msg (22K)  1/ 5/98    Period stuffed bread. Rastons. Recipes.

It's not at the website yet, but if anyone missed the discussions here, I
can send it by email if you wish.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: