SC - Re: Limes

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Thu Jan 7 01:29:43 PST 1999

At 08:03 06/01/1999 -0700, Gwen-Cat wrote re limes:

>Citron shel uberzogen
>Limone shel uberzogen
>
>I translate this as Lemon peel coated and Lime peel coated...

I agree that Limone is lemon, but I think Citron is likley to be Citron -
another member of the citrus family.  The fruit is pale green, about the
size and shape of an avacodo but with *very* thick citrus skin (almost the
entire fruit). The candied peel/fruit is still used in many German and
Italian recipies - I buy it from the deli. It has a great taste, similar to
but distinct from candied lemon peel.

Rowan

Robyn Probert					Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager			Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Customer Support Manager			15 Castlereagh St
Lawpoint Pty Limited				Sydney  NSW  AUSTRALIA