SC - Ethiopian honey wine

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:23:22 PST 1999

>>> Ethiopian honey wine is (in my humble opinion) a  valid late
>>>period mead variant.

>>Ethiopian resteraunt here makes it according to the owners family's
>>recipe--she is extremely proud to say there are nothing but minimal
>>ingredients, no "food" for the yeasts, no "sulfites chemicals".

>>	Bonne, I hung onto this until I had a moment--Yes, I
>>	would like to know more!

>$6 or $7 a bottle
>at The Blue Nile or at our Whole Foods grocery.  If you have one of
>those near you they may be able to get it from the NC stores.
>
>I'm so glad you posted this just now, made me think to get a bottle to
>take to 12th Night tomorrow!

So, I went and bought it. The full brand name is ABYSSINIA Tej.
$8.99/bottle, produced by Abyssinia Tej Production, Durham, NC 27707

Various label notations:
	11 per cent (alcohol) by volume

	"tej" 3000 years old recipe

	"Tej" is an elegant wind produced from 100 percent pure honey,
	blended with the finest Ethiopian hops without any preservatives
	or 	artificial flavors.  The distinct taste of this wince can be
	enjoyed before, during and after any meal.

	Contains NO SULFITE

That's it.

Bonne