SC - Botched Translations ;) OOP -OT

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 14 22:55:21 PST 1999

Okay, absolfu***nglutely (sorry Gunther) hilarious!!! For some reason this
struck me as incredibly funny. Made my, otherwise, fairly dismal day, much
better. (I hate my new job)

Micaylah
- -Who is about to experience 30-50 cm snow tonite and 12th night is in 2
days away. Ice Storm '98? I sure hope not!!!!

*************************************

At 01:32 PM 1/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, not cooking related (mostly) but pretty funny.
>Enjoy,
>	Christianna
>Hiya!
>This came off another list - and reminded me of an earlier thread, that
>of folks asking for motto translations or tag lines.  They were funny
>enough to pass along; and they are also likely to cause many heralds and
>other pun collectors to pop a couple of garb seams in the process...
>
>Aeruin
>> A New York magazine recently ran a contest for people with silver
>>tongues and a command of foreign languages. The rules were to take >any
>well-known phrase in a foreign language, change just a single
>>letter, and then provide a definition for the new expression. Here are
>>some of the winners:
>> >
>> HARLEZ VOUS FRANCAIS?: Can you drive a French motorcycle?

If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with "Quit while you're ahead"?