SC - Frumenty Recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 16 23:34:19 PST 1999

Helen asked:
> > trial versions, would those of you who have a reliable recipe mind
> > sharing it?  Thanks!
> Me too!  And things you do to make it come out for over 100 people!!!!

I didn't reply to the original poster as I thought I'd just make the
situation of too many frumenty recipes worse. However, when I looked
at the file, I saw that much of my info on frumenty had to do with
how to cook it for large numbers of people without ending up with
mush or burning it. So this might help you cook it for a large
number of people. There are also several recipes for it in this file.

rice-grains-msg   (79K)  9/28/98    Medieval rice and grains. Recipes. Cooking.

For other things to cook for over 100 people, you might want to look at
some of the SCA feast reviews, some with recipes in the FEASTS section
of my Florilegium. Even if the recipe is not in the feast report file,
the recipe or similar ones may be in the recipe files.

You may have already seen the section but there is a WEDDING section
that might help you with ideas if you are planning a medieval wedding.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****