SC - Period Sausages

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 20 16:45:33 PST 1999

Faoiltighearna asked:

> My question:  Does anyone know of a source for period sausage recipies?
> I have searched through my books and have found none.  Also, the sausage
> recipies I have found on the internet either do not have dates or do not
> refer to documentation.  I am helping with a Scottish feast next month,
> and we are going to make haggis and oxford sausages, unless I can find
> more authentic items to make.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are a number of period referances and some recipes given in these
files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

haggis-msg        (53K)  6/24/98    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.
sausages-msg      (80K)  1/12/99    Period sausages. Making sausage.

Unfortunately, not all of the recipes have documentation, but many of
them do. I just realized that the latest version of this file may not
be on the website yet. If it isn't, let me know and I'll send it by
email in text or Word format.

There may also be some comments in this file which might be of use:
fd-Scotland-msg   (13K) 11/11/98    Medieval food of Scotland. recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****