SC - Norse drinks

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 20 17:33:17 PST 1999

Elysant - the curious asked:
> It is true then the Vikings could hold their beer? - or lager or whatever
> they drank?  What did they drink anyway?

If you are serious about this, you might find these files in the NORSE
section of my Florilegium a good start:
N-drink-ves-msg    (9K) 10/16/96    Norse drinking vessels.
N-drink-trad-art  (18K)  7/31/98    "Norse Drinking Traditions" by Gunnora
                                       Hallakarva.

Mistress Gunnora (The Viking Answer Lady) may have some additional articles
on her website. I think the URL is given in my Norse-msg file.

I also have a variety of files in my BEVERAGE section on beer and mead, but
I don't know if there is documentation specific to the Norse in there.

> >Innocent...(chortle) yeah.
>
> As the day is long m'lord. @:-}

And then there's the night?
- --