SC - 14th Century Food

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Jan 20 18:42:07 PST 1999

> I agree with Adamantius and Ras, overall.  This page would be more useful if
> you explained the scope geographically at the beginning, and also that you
> gathered a list of ingredients from known recipes. Other sources might add
> foods, information.
>  Ham and bacon are
> parts of pig, do you need to list them separately when you do not list, eg,
> roast and steaks also separately?
>
> Lastly, it would be more useful if the items were in alphabetical order in
> the categories.
>
> Nice start!
> --= Morgan

The only thing I disagree with is that I consider ham and bacon to be different
from pork, they are both preserved and used in different ways from pork. And I
would in the same light list corned and dried beef separately from regular beef,
though I consider different cuts of beef mostly interchangable[not getting into
the discussion of different cooking methods being more suitable than others for
specific cuts of beef]
margali

margali