SC - La nina?

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Jan 23 17:01:49 PST 1999

At 06:17 AM 1/23/99 EST, Thorbjorn Bjornson said...
>I thought we here in the Midwest were supposed to be getting below normal
>amounts of precipitation because of this La Nina effect.To look out the
>window this morning at 5am and see a fairly decent snow shower going on
>and an inch to inch and half of the stuff on the ground makes me wonder.
>Elizabeth (Beatrix) drove off into the night on her way to work and
>seemed to have no problem it looks like a good snowman snow but
>unfortunately the temp forecast doesn't bode well for any snow people as
>it is to reach the mid 50's again monday and wednesday. Oh well life in
>the Missouri Ozarks, we get it all except Hurricanes, but we do get the
>residuals occasionally.

Heh, heh heh! We are presently experiencing a small winter thaw, although
visions of Ice Storm '98 played though my mind when it started raining
Thursday. Its almost 10 degrees (forget what this is in Farenheit) so all
the ice is sliding off the roof. the wires and the trees. Makes for some
interesting dodge games on ice if you're walking though. And its loud! Fair
trade off considering its supposed to be -14 at the moment.

Micaylah
Ottawa, On, Canada

If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with "Quit while you're ahead"?