SC - Soup Kitchen at Estrella (and other wars)

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 16:02:57 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/25/99 10:36:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
margolh at nortelnetworks.com writes:

> re just are no spare people to act as servants) make
>  it harder to provide such.  Also, the logistics of hauling extra feast gear
>  for up to 100 or so persons from Missouri/Kansas to Arizona,

Hmmm, Who is sponsoring this Soup Kitchen?

>The setup at Estrella is like any other major camping war: no running water,

Schnepf Farms, the new site for Estrella has plenty of running cold water.
Taps are far more available than at Estrella Mountain Park.

I personally see to it that my fighters have not only a noon meal, but a snack
waiting for them when they come in from the field.  Of course, we only have a
few fighters in our house.  Our house is set up to properly support our
fighters, though.  We have about three adult non-fighters per fighter.
However, we do live in the Barony, and it is far easier for us to all attend
Estrella.  When we go to other Kingdom events not in the area, we usually
manage about one adult non-fighter per fighter, which is still enough to take
care of our fighters.  Don't know how we would handle a situation where there
were more fighters than non-combatants.  Our fighters do seem to be a bit
pampered.

Mordonna