SC - Ambiance:

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 26 00:18:40 PST 1999

Meadhbh suggested:

> Well, one thing a few of us had talked about here, is handing out candles as
> a feast token.  Simple, white/ecru unscented tapers and provide a simple
> candle holder so that there would be plenty of light in the hall...

That is what we did when I autocrated (now- event steward) for Candlemas back
just before TFYC. If you shop around you can find them for around a nickle a
piece. We then tied and glued a ribbon around each candle.

I would suggest that something be done as a cheap candleholder though
or use a shorter, fatter candle that will stand by itself. Perhaps the
disposable alluminum muffin cups might work with the shorter, fatter candles.

The only complaint we got from the site afterwards was some candle
wax dripped on the floor. Of course this might not have been from the feast
token candles.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: