SC - filo dough

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 10:31:54 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/26/1999 8:01:36 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tsersen at browser.net writes:

<< I thought a strudel dough was more like a sweet bread dough than a
 pastry, like filo. >>

The Hungarian re'stes, which is usually translated as struedel, uses a special
version of puff pastry dough.  The versions I saw most often in bakeries were
filled with apple, walnut, poppyseed or cheese fillings.

Noemi
who missed buying re'tes for a morning snack. . .