SC - filo dough

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at swcp.com
Thu Jan 28 08:02:19 PST 1999

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Diana Haven wrote:
> I had posted an apple strudel recipe on this list a while ago...and the
> dough comes out like a phyllo dough.  very nice and buttery.
>
> That may be what you are looking for.  Ask Stefan if he has a copy.  He

Are we all talking about the same stuff here? All the filo dough I've ever
used, usually for Middle Eastern cooking, comes as a thin sheet of plain
dough-if you boiled it, it would be a noodle. No butter. Usually you add
the butter and layer it manually while assembling a dish. What y'all are
describing sounds more like puff pastry?

Mirhaxa
  mirhaxa at morktorn.com