SC - Breakfast

Margo Farnsworth margokeiko at esslink.com
Thu Jan 28 08:04:23 PST 1999

I don't mean to give anyone whiplash by going back on the subject.
Years ago in Calontir a Scottish friend made me a dish he called Mince.  For
this dish he stewed beef until tender and then added enough oatmeal to make
it into a paste.  He also added peas and seasoned it with black pepper and
salt.  Would this have been a sort of meat porridge eaten in period?  He led
me to believe it was from a period source.  We had it for dinner, but I bet
it would be a wonderfully satisfying breakfast!

Faoiltighearna