SC - Variations was Cookery-Art or Science

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Jan 28 10:11:00 PST 1999

Honorable Adamantius
I must confess, the brownies with ginger and perhaps a bit of white pepper
sound worth trying on purpose.

And in the category of accidental variations I submit: Chile with a side of
Falafelbread.
We often have cornbread with a good pot of chile on a cold day.   (My
housemates (respectively) make a most excellent chile and wonderful
southern cornbread.)  In this case poor mistress Rowen had a cold, and we
were (as it turned out) out of corn meal.   She pulled out a bag of pale
grainy stuff... didn't quite look right... smelled... spicey somehow......
It was slightly elderly falafel mix, that had lost its label.  Baked up
into a passable "cornbread" that went very well with the chile.  (Of course
the dollop of bacon fat would make some folks cringe ;-)

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe
(who can't seem to spell today)