SC - Goodman of Paris, etc.

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:35:51 PST 1999

Cindy Renfrow wrote:

> Hello!  You most likely saw "The Goodman of Paris", tr. by Eileen Power,
> George Routledge & Sons, London, 1928.
>
> I'm posting Pichon's French edition to:
> http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/menagier/  & there is a link from there to an
> English translation by Janet Hinson.
>
> There was a recent rendition that didn't have food recipes.

thanks for the suggestion, but I had looked up by title to no avail.  The link
will probably be more useful, the book I recall seemed to be skimming rather
than an actual translation.  I found a note in a totally unrelated message
from elsewhere referring to "the medieval home companion" as being a version
of Le Menagier de Paris.  Are Le Menagier and The Goodman the same guy?  If
so, perhaps that is the book I read.

Bonne