SC - Nerve Bisquits???

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jan 29 11:40:26 PST 1999

At 8:47 AM -0600 1/29/99, Lady Di wrote:
>Here is another site 'Kitchen Lost' which credits 'Nerve Biscuits' to
>the Physica and provides the recipe.

The URL is http://www.bahnhof.se/~chimbis/akl/; the site is obviously based
on various secondary sources, some of them online.

The author says:

"This is a modernized recipe. Anyone have the original? Or the original
source from  which this was taken?"

Or in other words, she has no more idea than you or I whether it is
actually based on a period recipe.

If that is your source, then what we have is some unknown person having
published in some unknown place an obviously out of period recipe (because
of the baking powder) with the assertion that it is based on a 12th century
original. That isn't much evidence, although it is a clue that might be
worth following up.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/