SC - Royal declared chocolate period

Kathleen M Hogan kathleen.hogan at juno.com
Fri Jan 29 13:14:45 PST 1999

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:16:19 EST Korrin S DaArdain
<korrin.daardain at juno.com> writes:
>If I remember correctly, chocolate chip cookies were Royally declared
>coin of the realm at one time here in An Tir.

>>There is also the small matter that the Royals have consistently
>>declared chocolate to be period for many reigns, at least in the East
>>Kingdom.

Here in BorderVale Keep, we have been blessed by GOD to be the site of
the only working Chocolate Mine in the Known World (a Godiva factory
outlet where we get the GOOD stuff cheaply).  We have an event called the
Chocolate Mine Raids every May,   where our wonderful stuff is given out
as prizes for the various competitions and we always have some form of it
at feast (we had a chocolate haggis the year we had a Scottish theme).
We also pay our royal taxes in Godiva Chocolate.   In all the years we've
had this event, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain that
"Chocolate isn't period".

Caitlin nicFhionghuin
House Oak & Thistle