Private-Re: SC - Medieval Portuguese cookbooks?

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Thu Jul 1 00:51:18 PDT 1999

Look for the Spanish recipes. Spain and Portugal were part of the same
kingdom during several centuries. Their kitchen (most influated by the
arabs) are mingled. But the portuguise were the first nation in using
spices they found in Madagascar and Macao. Their recipes about the dried
fish named "cabelho" are also unique.
Greetings
Ana L. Valdés

LrdRas at aol.com skrev:

> In a message dated 6/30/99 5:11:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:
>
> << http://lemur.cit.cornell.edu/~jules/medieval_info.html >>
>
> Bear,
> I went to this site and viewed all the links provided and found nothing
> Portuguese. A lot of menus and NONE of the recipes that were listed as being
> with the menus. Perhaps I hit the wrong button or something. Could you please
> be a little more specific as to the whereabouts of the Portuguese section?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ras

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster