SC - I Fired My Bread!

MAUREEN.L.MARTIN@DFAS.MIL MAUREEN.L.MARTIN at DFAS.MIL
Thu Jul 1 15:00:44 PDT 1999

>-- Newman, E.: A critical edition of an Early Portuguese cook book.
>Diss. (Univ. of North Carolina) Chapel Hill 1964.

UNC-CH keeps copies of dissertations in the collection, so I'm an hold
waiting for the research librarian to see if he can actually find it!
. . .
The on-line catalog doesn't list it, but there is an old card catalog it may
be in. And he's going to go check a section of the basement.
. . .
Well, he found it in the catalog, but still isn't positive that it is
physically there.  He will keep looking, it might be on microform.  I'll let
you guys know how it turns out.

By the way, the full name of the author is Dr. Elizabeth Long Thompson and
the dissertation was for her Ph.D. in comparative literature.  Dr. Long,
unfortunately, died in 1994 at only 56 years of age.

Bonne