SC - "cabelho" fish recipe?

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Sat Jul 3 13:54:16 PDT 1999

In a book about old preserving procedures, using spices to keep meat
during longer periods, och all kinds of methods to store food, I come
into different recipes from this cabelho or bacalao. The most of them
are from Spanish and Portugese monasters, who used the dried fish as
stale food. They used coddfish for the most, and the fish was called
codfish as normal fresh fish and bacalao or cabelho when the cod was
dried.
Thats kind of references make me believe they use the name bacalao or
cabelho as a generic name to the drying procedure.
Greetings
Ana L. Valdés

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster