SC - Medieval Portuguese cookbooks?

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sat Jul 3 20:25:06 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/3/99 12:48:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
snowfire at mail.snet.net writes:

<< Our word for Cod is "y penfras"  pen = head, fras (or bras) = fat, coarse,
 rich, or luxuriant.  (y = "the" BTW)

 So I guess you could say the Welsh for Cod is "the fat head"? >>

You could saty that but it would be inaccurate. The Welsh for cod is 'y
penfra.' The English translation of  the Welsh phrase for cod is  literally
'the fat head'. :-)

Ras