SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Jul 4 21:58:57 PDT 1999

Ras writes:

>Both His Grace, Duke Sir Cariadoc, myself and
>others have redacted large numbers of period Middle Eastern and
Andalusian
>recipes so there is an extensive volume of ready recipes to choose
from.
>Modern middle eastern food has gone through just as many changes as our
own
>cuisine since the middle ages.

I am most greatful for the already redacted recipes.  I still have my
"Cariodoc and Elizabeth's Miscellany - 20th year Edition" (Thank you
your Grace!)  Having discovered (and we're using) the sites and their
recipes, Seobhan and I feel that we can do a better job.  I also
heartily agree on the "just as many changes" part.  Having gone through
quite a few books on Eastern Mediterranean, Turkish and Persion cuisine,
been given a few and purchased a few for my library, I'm amazed at the
number of tomato-based sauces that abound in the modern books.  During
the time period we're looking to reproduce (silk trade to China),
tomatoes are definitely out.

 - Anne