SC - salmon recipe?

dennis albertson dalberts at krl.org
Sun Jul 4 23:54:28 PDT 1999

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Jean Luc said:
> > My wife and I usually soak our meat and yes salmon in Teriaki Sauce over
> > night after slicing thin. Then we cheat a little and put it into a
> > dehydrator after about 24 hours you have dried meat and fish. Teriaki
> > style.
>
> Thank you for this recipe. This sounds interesting and well-timed. My
> local HEB has fresh, maybe previously frozen, salmon fillets on for
> $3.49 per pound. I've not cooked salmon before, but I ought to buy
> some at this price and try your recipe in our dehydrator.

Thats a good price for Salmon even here in Bremerton Wa.

> Do you slice across the fish? Do you do this with refrigerated fish
> or need to chill, but not freeze it, some it some first?

I slice with the fish myself it is easier and the flesh does not tear up
as much, or tend to fall apart as much. Also with most fish I have tried
going with the flesh it is the right size for the slicing.  I have not
tried with frozen fish befor but the only draw back I can see is now while
maranading you will have to wait an additional time for it to thaw so tat
it takes the flavor.

> With the Teriaki sauce it won't be period, but it is a start.

I myself do not know if Teriaki is period, but this is something my wife
and myself found before entering the SCA. We also do this for Beef Jerky.
Take roast have the butcher slice to 1/4 inch thikness, put in Marinade.
Just remember to use your dehydrators recommened temp for fish. I don't
want to kill you with bad fish.;).Take care and enjoy.

> -- > Lord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
> Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
> **** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
>          http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****

Yours in Friendship,