SC - Re: "cruel food"

Wajdi a14h at zebra.net
Tue Jul 6 03:04:20 PDT 1999

A good point, but the mexicans combined cacao and chiles, par example in
the recipes done with poultry and mole, done with several kinds of
chiles and cacao blends. By the way, I have some books (in Spanish I am
afraid), with precolumbian recipes, food eaten in Mexico and Peru, if
someone want a share, I can try to translate a few.
They made a very tasteful snakestew, very similar to how we eat eel
today.
Ana L. Valdés

margali skrev:

> Confusion here, this would extrapolate that because we are
> in the same geographic area as mexico, I should mix
> chocolate and chiles? I do have the url for cacao plant
> seeds, and also chile seeds, and my lord could probably
> plant a rock and get it to grow...[me, I kill air ferns-but
> we wont go there!]
>
> Therefor, I grow chocolate and chile and would naturally
> combine them? Ye gods, My husband and I are form the same
> culture and he is grossed out when I dump maple syrup on
> bacon and sausage... and what he does with I don't even want
> to look at first thing in the morning. Salsa belongs on
> tacos and corn chips, not poached eggs!
> Many ajacent cultures find the food of the place next door
> to be distasteful-brits won't eat horse and the french
> prefer it to beef in many cases. the french eat little slimy
> snails, and frogs legs-but the brits like marmite and
> promite....look at the regional differences in foods in
> america-thick pizza, thin pizza, crunchy pizza, some areas
> you cant get a hawiian pizza to save your life and in others
> if you can cook it, you put it on pizza[that's california
> for you, land of fruits, nuts and flakes levening some
> normal people] not to mention also the entire line of
> discussion we had here last fall on chile and what goes
> into/on top/ with ranging from meat and spices all the way
> through topping it with spaghetti, cheese and what not! Why
> should carrots and honey be universal in the med? I for ne
> don't particularly like honeyed carrots, i like salt and
> butter on my carrots.
> margali
>
> [not to mention Ras' and Phlip's taste for food that didn't
> get away...lol]
>
> "ana l. valdes" wrote:
>
> > PS: By the way I find natural the Romans, the Greeks and the Arabs,
> > Turks, Perses and Egyptians, people which shared the same environement,
> > the Mediterranean, use the food in similar ways and influated each
> > other. Honey and carrots should be a common recipe for the whole
> > Mediterranean area.

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster
http://www.algonet.se/~agora/ada Nättidning för kvinnor och män med