SC - exposure of children

Helen helen at directlink.net
Wed Jul 7 08:23:42 PDT 1999

As has been demonstrated, the agents of repression in the Society are

> rife. All _I_ asked for was a simple little poolside Laurel vigil with
> Hawaiian tunics and daiquiris. Would my Master, the autocrats, and the
> Crown allow it? Nooooooooooooeow!!!! Something about the dignity of the
> peerage. Narf. Zort.
>
> Adamantius

You know, some people seem to forget that the SCA was founded by a bunch
of 20-somethings and teenagers and was rife with frivolity in the dark ages.
I remember people sitting in trees and howling at the moon. Wet chemise
contests, and all sorts of "undignified" behaviour.

I gave an AoA to a lady a couple of weeks ago and when I presented her to
the populace she, in a small voice, asked me if she would have to behave
now? My reply was "And I do?"

I always threatened that if I were King and things got boring I would order
out the Royal Heraldic Twister Board, olive oil and a selection of ladies.
But I wimped out and never did it during the reign. Of course, MY courts
were never boring!  sigh. I'm such a wuss.

I guess we're all getting old.

Yers,

Gunthar
(Far less scary as King than I expected to be.)