SC - Society Dignity

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 7 10:14:01 PDT 1999

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> ROFLMAO! Here is a perfect case of one hand not knowing what the other is
> doing. ;-) The anthropologists need only have asked the botanist and they
> wouldn't have had to  make up such a preposterous theory. Blue tortillas are
> made from blue corn meal which is ground from blue Indian corn. The seeds are
> ancient, non-hybrid and can be gotten from any good seed house. ;-)

Yes, the Navajo also have a bit of a sense of humor when dealing with
cultural anthro folk. Some of the confusion may have arisen also from the
fact that blue corn can be gotten to produce a pink cornbread as well as
the blue-gray color, IIRC (and I wouldn't swear to it) by changing the
acid balance (adding lemon?) of the batter.

Mirhaxa

  mirhaxa at morktorn.com