SC - CA13 and bath feasts

margali margalicuskynolles at 99main.com
Wed Jul 7 14:40:52 PDT 1999

>Re horsemeat: there has been a fairly stubborn streak of horse-eating in
the North of England until fairly recently. It was linked to both
religious practice and political affiliation, especially after the
Norman Conquest, but the practice seems to have persisted until at least
the 19th century, where the meat, known as "kicker" earned Yorkshiremen
the pejorative nickname "kicker-eater".

Where did you get this information ? I'd be very interested to find out
your source as I have not heard of English eating horses at all, except
when visiting the continent :).

Personally I don't have a great problem with it but I remember reading a
article on the uniqueness amoung europeans of our non horse eating habits,
I will if I see a Yorkshireman over the pub tonight ask them however !

So please give me more info if you can remember where you saw it :0)

Thanks

Mel

Mel