SC - Apician Carrots

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 06:24:28 PDT 1999

Karen O wrote:

> >What about eating fresh, raw (live) oyesters?  Where the critter is still
> alive as
> >it slides down the throat.
> >wajdi
>
>             EEEeeewhhh!!   I coud have lived my life  *NOT* knowing this
>
>      I may never eat oysters again
>     Caointiarn

Now, now. I wish to reiterate Phlip's statement that the oyster is _not_
alive when you eat it; it dies when it is removed from the shell. Also,
it doesn't slide down the throat if you chew it, which, of course,
slashes and grinds it to tiny bits ("in Thy mercy..."), as if removing
it from the shell hasn't killed it already. French gastronomes, BTW,
specifically recommend chewing the raw, recently live oyster, _because_
of the burst of sweet juice you get when you crunch your teeth down on
the oyster's liver.

Wonder if I have time for a trip to Grand Central Station's Oyster Bar
today? July has an "R" in it, doesn't it?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com