SC - Re: horse recipe 1581

Thomas Gloning Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Thu Jul 8 13:45:10 PDT 1999

- --- "Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net> wrote:
> Noemi says:
>
> >If you ever make it here I can treat you to bison and if I ever make
> it to Iceland I'll want to try some horse. . .
>
> Wanna send some bison to Pennsic? I'm sure our camp would find
> something to do with it.
>

> Phlip
>
> phlip at morganco.net

There is a Bison Farm (called Wooden Nickel, I think), commercially
raising Bison for meat, in NW PA -- can see it from I-79, I think 1 or
2 exits south of I-90, really close to Pennsic.  I can try to find out
exactly how to get there if anyone is interested.  Or if you know
anyone here in Stormsport who's going, ask them to stop on the way
down.

If you just want to try a Bison burger, try to find a Hoss's Steak and
Sea House (chain of restaurants in PA, some in OH and NY I think) --
they always have them on the menu.  Pretty good!