SC - OED

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Jul 9 08:21:14 PDT 1999

>Bearing in mind, for example, that in, what, the late 70's (?) or so,
there >was an earthworm-protein-supplement scare in connection with
McOffal's, >among the various other urban legends and other Known Facts.

My favorite comment from that whole controversy was from McDoom's
stating:
	"Earthworm is running at roughly $4.00 a pound right now, and beef is
running around $1.25.   Why in the world would we try to 'cut costs' with
something so much more expensive?  It just doesn't make sense"

	That was pretty much the end of that rumor, as I recall.
	Christianna