SC - Food in History

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Sat Jul 10 11:39:33 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 9 Jul 99,, that H B wrote:

> Not period, of course, but when I lived in Portland, OR, we grilled
> 'em.  Tuna steak, halibut steak, salmon steak - all go great on the
> grill (just be careful turning).  Tuna, I think we just marinaded ~20
> minutes in teriaki sauce first.  Yum!

I beg to disagree.  Grilling fish is period.  Taillevent (14th c. French)
recommends grilling sole and salmon, and there are various 16th c.
Spanish recipes for grilling fish, including tuna.  (Recipes to follow in
another post, Ras.  I have to translate 'em first.)

The teriyaki sauce is another matter, of course...

> -- Harriet

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)